First Friday Art Walks
The First Friday Art Walks are the signature event of Denver's Art District on Santa Fe.
The District comes alive as thousands descend upon the Santa Fe Drive, year-round, rain or shine, for the First Friday Art Walks from 5:30-9:30 p.m.
View art from hundreds of artists in galleries, studios, co-ops, upstairs, downstairs, in alleys, on the street—everywhere! Check out all the details below.
A free, climate-controlled shuttle circles the District every 20 minutes during the First Friday Art Walk from 5:30-9:30 p.m. The shuttle stops at the following locations:
- 10th and Osage Light Rail Station
- Crazy Mountain Brewing Company
- Space Gallery
- 6th Avenue and Santa Fe Drive
- West High School
- 10th Avenue and Santa Fe Drive
WHERE WE ARE
Our District spans from 13th on the North to Alameda on the South, Kalamath to the West, and Inca to the East. The bulk of our galleries are in a walkable area between 5th and 11th Avenues.
Denver's Art District on Santa Fe is easily accessible by the Light Rail Station at 10th and Osage. There is free parking all throughout the District and side streets. However, there is heavy traffic during First Fridays, and we encourage ride shares and public transportation. You can find parking during the First Friday Art Walk only (5:30-9:30) at the following locations:
- Adco General, 801 Kalamath St.
- The Bolt Factory, 2nd and Kalamath St.
- Alliance de Francaise, 6th and Galapago (stop in and view the exhibits first though!)
- West High School, 10th Avenue and Galapago St. $5
- The Knife Guys, 11 Kalamath St.
- Image Complete Lighting Gallery, Kalamath + 2nd Avenue
- Su Teatro, Santa Fe Drive and 2nd Avenue
In addition to our member restaurants and breweries, you'll find plenty of restaurants and dozens of food trucks during First Fridays along 7th and 9th Avenues.
Sorry, street vending is not permitted along Santa Fe Drive.