August 3, 2018 First Friday Art Walk / Truck Stop WITH STREET CLOSURE
Info for ADSF Members + Businesses
Below is everything local businesses need to know about the First Friday Art Walk happening Friday, August 3 in Denver's Art District on Santa Fe. Please read the entire message before contacting us.
WHAT IS THIS EVENT?
The Truck Stop Food Truck Rally is coming through Santa Fe Drive during the First Friday Art Walk in August. Both the Art Walk and Truck Rally will take place in one location, bringing at least 15,000 patrons to our neighborhood for a night of food, drink, live music, and art buying. The Truck Stop is one of four in its series and is an expanded version of previous August First Friday Art Walks.
WHEN IS THE EVENT?
The event starts at 4 p.m. on Friday, August 3. Be ready for visitors earlier this year!
However, due to city restrictions, Santa Fe Drive will not be closed to thru traffic until 6 p.m. Santa Fe Drive is closed from 7th Avenue to 11th Avenue from 6 p.m. on Friday to 6 a.m. on Saturday. Full street closure details, times, and restrictions are below. Keep reading!
WHO IS ORGANIZING THIS EVENT?
Two Parts is an event production company coordinating all logistics for the Truck Stop Food Truck Rally. As ADSF is an all-volunteer team with limited bandwidth, having a third party produce this event ensures more resources when it comes to things like security, bathroom access, and smooth logistics—much more so than ADSF or the Business Improvement District can handle with our limited teams. It also spares these organizations the financial burdens of barricades and security.
In addition, Two Parts has a large following through their social media channels and newsletter. The neighborhood will receive even more promotional support through a wider audience reach.
CAN MY BUSINESS SET UP ON THE STREET?
If you are an ADSF member/business, then yes, with a few rules!
- Vending by non-Art District business owners is strictly prohibited.
- Businesses in the Art District on Santa Fe may creatively activate the area outside their stores, but not until AFTER the street has closed due to safety concerns. This should occur after 6 p.m. Please wait until all barricades have been placed to set anything outside your property.
- You may extend your space up to a maximum of 10 feet beyond your entry outside your property only.
- Absolutely NO food or drink may leave your business. You cannot sell food or drink on the street, and you cannot allow attendees to leave your business with food or drink.
- If you plan to include performance art, a band, or any setup that involves sound, you must notify Events Director Laura Decker no later than Thursday, July 26. There will be musical performances planned by Two Parts, and they will be strategically placed so as not to interfere with your programming.
- If you plan to set up outside your space, you must provide Two Parts with certificate of insurance (CoI) listing Two Parts, Denver’s Art District on Santa Fe, and Truck Stop as additionally insured. Proof of this insurance must sent to Events Director Laura Decker no later than Thursday, July 26.
WHAT IF I NEED SOMETHING FROM THE ORGANIZERS DURING THE EVENT?
If there is an emergency, please call 911. If you have event-related questions during the event, there will be a volunteer booth / Two Parts tent located near the festival entrance by 8th Avenue.
WHAT STREETS WILL BE CLOSED AND AT WHAT TIMES?
For safety and event setup, please plan ahead for multiple street and limited alley entry points. (See above map.) With the exception of emergencies, there will be no vehicle access on the streets listed below to any businesses or residences for the periods listed. Scheduled closures according to the most recent plans are as follows:
- Avenues: 7th, 9th, 10th, and 11th, and 12th Avenues from Kalamath to Inca will be closed from 6 a.m. on Friday, August 3, until 6 a.m. on Saturday, August 4.
- Santa Fe Drive: Closed from 6 p.m. on Friday to 6 a.m. on Saturday from 7th-11th. There will be no vehicle access during this time.
- Alleys: Alleys will be open, but there will be many areas where you will only be able to enter/exit one way because of the street closures. See map just above and plan ahead for alley route access.
WHAT IF I OWN A BREWERY OR RESTAURANT? HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
No open food or drink will be allowed to leave your business. However, ADSF will have a booth on the 700 block, and we can hand out promotional material supporting your business (think coupons for future visits). We're also happy to brainstorm creative ideas with you. However, many bars and restaurants in the neighborhood say August First Friday is their best night of the year. We expect it to be an extremely busy day and night with thousands of new patrons coming through your space.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNITY BLOCK?
It's the best part of the festival! Two Parts has given ADSF the full 700 block for creative, family-friendly programming. If you are a business on the 700 block and want to be involved, please contact Laura Decker.